Hey there! This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. But it never influences our product selection process.
Many consumers choose the 2021 chevy Silverado model when it comes to getting a pickup truck. One of the cool features of this chevy Silverado model is its radio system. But your Chevy Silverado driving experience can be boring or can be more ridiculous if the radio volume is not working. Fortunately, you can fix the issue if you know the process of how to fix 2021 Chevy Silverado radio volume not working.
First, identify the issues. For example, the volume knob can be the major culprit for the volume not working. But you should also check for other things like a loose connection, radio power, overheating of the radio, and disconnected speakers for a quick solution.
There can be several reasons for Silverado radio volume not working that needs proper checking. Learn how to fix radio volume problems.
What are the causes for the chevy Silverado radio volume not working?
Does your Chevy Silverado volume not working? No worries, you can fix it easily once you know the problem. Here I have listed five common problems that may make your radio volume not work.
- The faulty or dirty volume knob
- Loose wires connection
- Radio power issue
- Overheating of radio
- Disconnected speakers
Read More: Chevy equinox bluetooth stopped working
How to fix chevy radio volume not working? Problems & Solutions
Following are the listed 6 problems and their possible solutions to save your time and money. Let’s take a look at it.
Problem 1: The Faulty or dirty volume knob
A dirty or faulty volume knob is the most common problem that makes your volume not work. So, before inquiring further, you must check for the volume knob to ensure it is okay. If you see the problem, first fix it.
- Remove the volume knob cover; you do not need any tools. Simply turn it and pull it gently.
- Check for the knob; if the knob is broken or damaged, you will need to replace it with a new one.
- But if the knob is okay but is stuck because of dirt, you will need to clean it
- You can use different electric cleaning products such as WD-40 contact cleaner for that purpose.
- Connect the hose to the knob and cleans the knob by pushing the cleaner
- Ensure the knob is clean and there is no dirt or grime
- Check the knob is working fine
Problem 2: Loose Wires connection
The wires connection should be proper for the power supply and volume control. The connection can become loose for several reasons. If the wires are loose, you may experience a sudden problem with volume. Check and ensure the wire connection is connected tightly.
- Take a screwdriver and unscrew the radio cover, do not force complete the job with patience
- You will get access to the wires, check all the cables, and make sure they are correctly connected to the ports
- If the wires are disconnected or loose, fix them and put back the cover, and check the volume
Problem 3: Radio Power Issue
Sometimes you do not have a problem with the volume but the radio. Radio power issues may also make Silverado stereo sound not work. A blown fuse can cause a power issue, so check for the fuses and ensure they are fine.
- Check the owner’s manual to find the fuse panel; generally, in the chevy, it is located under the steering wheel.
- Take the screwdriver and remove the panel cover; you can also check the diagram for help with the fuses inside the panel.
- Check all the fuses and their connections and ensure all are working accurately. If you find a fuse is not working or is blown, remove it gently.
- Replace the faulty fuses with excellent quality fuses, such as the Nilight car fuse set. It is affordable and easy to install. You will find it compatible with all radio systems in cars.
- Check the volume to ensure problem elimination.
Problem 4: Overheating of radio
You may experience sudden volume problems during driving. It can happen for several reasons, but you must check for the radio overheating.
An overheated radio can make your volume not working. It may melt the wires and make the circuit unable to handle the signals. So I must check for overheating and ensure the radio is cool.
- Check the radio by touching it, and make sure it is cool
- If the radio is hot or overheated, park your car in a parking area
- Open the door and allow the car inside to be cool
- Allow the radio system to cool for 20 to 30 minutes, and then check the volume.
- If the problem resolves, it is okay, but if not, you must check for the wires or circuit to fix the problem. Maybe the wires or circuit may be damaged due to overheating.
Problem 5: Disconnected Speakers
It is also possible that your Silverado volume system does not have the problem; the culprit can be the disconnected speakers.
If the speakers are disconnected, the volume system works finely, but you cannot hear the volume because of the speaker’s problem.
So, must ensure the speakers are connected otherwise, the problem will exist.
- Remove the radio cover by unscrewing the screws
- You will get access to the circuit and connection
- Check the speaker’s wire and ensure it is attached to the volume system
- If it is disconnected, you should connect it to the volume
- Check the volume to ensure problem elimination
- You have checked for all of the above problems, but the problem still exists. You should reset the radio to resolve the problem.
How do I reset my radio in my chevy Silverado?
- Resetting the Chevy Silverado radio is very easy, like the android phones.
- Press the fast forward and home buttons simultaneously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- The radio will start to reboot; wait to complete the reboot process
- Check the volume; it will resolve
Best silverado radio for 2021 chevy model:
2021 New Android Car Stereo Radio GPS Navigation for Chevrolet Silverado
I recommend the new android car stereo radio GPS Navigation. You have the options to plug in and play and support steering wheel control. It is simple to install because it has the OEM harness for connection.
Free app support to connect with mobile through wire or wireless. You can update and reinstall the App from the Play Store. Built-in GPS, Bluetooth, hands-free voice control, and offline navigation map. You can enjoy online music, radio, 2D and 3D tracks.
Android Car Stereo Radio Includes All-in-one
Another choice for your Chevy Silverado is an Android Car stereo radio that is all one piece of equipment. You will get the Android 10 system supports with 2GB RAM, 32 GB ROM, and built-in Quad features. It is compatible with multiple car models, such as the Chevy Silverado 2500HD from 2007 to 13, and expresses Van from 2008-19.
Its built-in WiFi Module makes it simple to connect with Hotspots or wifi connections. Online and offline navigation features. Its app is free that can be downloaded from Google Play Store. Bluetooth function for connecting with calls or phone books.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Why is my 2020 chevy Silverado radio volume not working?
There can be several reasons for the 2020 chevy Silverado radio volume problem. But disconnected speakers and dirty or broken volume knobs are the most common reasons. So I must check for these two to fix the problem quickly.
Can a battery be a cause for the 2016 Silverado radio volume not working?
Yes, a bad battery may make the power inconsistent. It is tough for the volume system to work with no or low power. So, it can be a culprit, but it happens very often.
Can a radio reset resolve the 2018 Silverado radio volume not working?
Yes, a radio reset can solve the 2018 Silverado radio volume problems. Even the experts recommend the reset first to resolve the volume problem.
Can I find a replacement for the 2019 chevy Silverado radio volume knob not working?
Yes, you have the option to purchase from online or local stores. I recommend GM genuine radio volume knob, which will be perfect for a damaged volume knob.
Fixing the 2021 chevy Silverado volume not working is not a complex task. But you must have the proper equipment and use them properly. If you are not confident, then it is better to hire a professional guy instead of ruining your Chevy Silverado radio.